Tuesday, June 28, 2011

NECO Alliance Rebates - Maytag, Samsung Appliance Rebates are Complete Bullshit

I just got tricked out of $300 I was told I was going to rebates from the purchase of my brand new $1500 Samsung refrigerator & Maytag dishwasher. Now, I can't recommend buying anything Samsung, Maytag, OR from Cummins Appliance after this customer experience.

Here's ONE of the incredibly lame emails I just received from NECO Alliance

Thank you for participating in the SAMSUNG APPLIANCES MARCH NECO ALLIANCE VISA REWARD CARD promotion. (March promotion? Never knew that...)

Your request for a rebate has been received and is being processed.

Unfortunately your rebate was rejected due to the following reason(s):
 -RECEIVED PAST POSTMARK (Gee, there was no deadline on my form!)


       *** DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS ***
This email has been generated by an automated service machine.
   Emails sent to this address WILL NOT be responded to.
(You SUCK!)
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I guess I sent the rebate in late. Gee, the appliance took a month to receive in the first place! Then, in the midst of a remodel project, trying to work full time, it's not so easy to meet a deadline for a piece of mail. Was this intentional? Probably. I question the whole point of rebates altogether.

It's difficult enough shopping for a purchase like this. I thought I was doing a good deed by buying my appliance from a small, local vendor (Cummins Appliance) but here's the thing. Sears, Lowes, and Home Depot each sent me 10% coupons for being a new home owner. Which is pretty standard. I could have saved that money I didn't get rebated by shopping at one of those stores for my appliances. Great. Way to shop local.

I don't love my refrigerator anymore :(

1 comment:

  1. I turned in a rebate for a KitchenAid refrigerator. They sent me an email saying that someone else already used that serial number. I'm pissed.

    ReplyDelete