Monday, December 15, 2008

Plaxo is Broken - Don't Use It - Use Gmail

Dear Friend,

I'm sorry. Plaxo is broken for me. Several years ago, when I worked at AOL they "automatically" created a Plaxo account for me and associated it to my work email, an AOL account. When I left AOL I found it was difficult to change my information, I just could not log into Plaxo any more because my cancelled AOL email address was still valid in their database. So deep was this magical connection to my old work email, that my identidy was essentially hijacked by Plaxo itself. I would try to fix this now but:

1. I seriously don't want to "figure it out".
(it's software for crist's sake, it should be figuring ME out)

2. I don't really care enough to waste even a few minutes of my time.
(all my free time is already sucked up by other websites)

3. I don't ever want to give my credit card number out to half baked web service for seemingly nothing.

Im sorry to have to sound so negative but there are FREE solutions for the purpose of organizing all your contacts. Anybody can always find me by simply Googling my name or by connecting with me on LinkedIn.com. Personally, I use Gmail to organize all my contacts.

Sincerely,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment