Sunday, November 30, 2008

Yes You Can Make Money Making Art

Here's a great article in the NYTimes this weekend. I wish somebody handed me this article when I was 20.

Transforming Art Into a More Lucrative Career Choice
By MARCI ALBOHER

Here's an excerpt:
Mr. Niles and Ms. Hellmuth have learned on their own what Elliot McGucken teaches in his course, Artist Entrepreneurs, which he developed at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a grant from the Kauffman Foundation. Mr. McGucken’s course, now taught at Pepperdine University, rests on the principle that those who create art should have the skills to own it, profit from it and protect it.

(I wish I got royalties for all the interfaces I designed... I'd be retired right now)

Now, to hell with the intellectual property slavery of your day job! Ignore your parents, quit, grab your pencils, and blaze your own career.

No comments:

Post a Comment