Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Complaining is Fun! About-Face.org

I'm a designer who is constantly seeing things that don't work right, so naturally I love to complain. I'm also a woman and let me tall ya, there are a lot of things to complain about if you're female. So today I was amused to find About-Face.org, an organization which is fighting the harmful stereotypes of women that the media disseminates. This is a good one to add to your RSS reader ladies! I think every woman will find something interesting in About-Face.org.

Check out the gallery of offenders, it's wonderful. Vodka ads, BOOO!

I would also like to point out this recent Washington Post article;
Despite Strides, Women Still Tripped Up by Confidence Gap
By Michelle Singletary

Now all of this makes me wonder, what if there was a daily, national newspaper dedicated to women?

No comments:

Post a Comment