Saturday, August 16, 2008

Not Quite Loving Google's Gadgets

Last week I added to this blog a couple new Google Gadgets. There they are >> in the sidebar, they help me show more dynamic info and news on this blog, and I don't need to know any HTML coding whatsoever. I thought I'd be clever and try to use the magic of the internet to make it look as if I'm updating my blog, when I'm not. But as you can see the gadgets look like crap. Since I'm a designer I'm all about looking good, so this is really annoying me.

After I installed the Gadgets my first thought was, "holy crap, I think I need to start using WordPress now". That's how bad they look. But soon I realized that I should be able to customize these gadgets all on my very own. After all, I am a designer, and what's the point of knowing HTML and CSS?

If successful (hopefully this won't just be a load of non-billable work) Informational Geometry will be VERY Informational and will actually look nice and tight. And then, I can write a whole blog post on how to engineer a website (which could potentially earn money) without having to engineer anything at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment